Potomac Testing , Inc. (PTI) a NETA Accredited Company, is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager with a minimum of 2 years of power distribution systems testing, repair and engineering experience. The primary function of the Assistant Project Manager is to provide support as directed by Senior Account Project Managers who have overall responsibility for providing exemplary customer services in a timely, cost effective and professional manner. Position requires limited supervision; therefore individual must be self -starter with a strong understanding of electrical distribution and control coupled with strong interpersonal skills necessary to direct experienced technicians in all aspects of a project from estimating through final invoicing.
Job Description: As directed by individual Senior Account Project Managers, the Assistant Project Manager shall:
- Coordinate available resources including personnel, test equipment and subcontracts.
- Develop, track, and maintain project schedules and budgets
- Direct the procurement of any needed supplies or special test equipment as required and dictated by project needs
- Generate reports and submittals as a result of field test findings and project documentation
- Prepare written job proposals for clients which include estimates for man-hours and expenses as well as the development of the Scope of Work and final pricing
- Ensure all job related expenses are accurately accounted for and submitted in a timely manner to accounting
- Visit customer work sites in order to coordinate job tasks with PTI personnel, clients and subcontractors as required
- Candidate must be dedicated to exceeding client expectations, and committed to establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Fundamental understanding of electrical and mechanical testing procedures
- Familiarity with electrical test equipment and fundamentals
- Experience in performing extensive testing, problem identification, and troubleshooting
- Fundamental understanding of tasks required to inspect and service transformers, switchgear, and relays
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong computer skills necessary to generate detailed reports
- Familiarity with switchgear, breakers, and overall power distribution system for modernization and upgrade tasks
- Candidate must be able to pass drug testing and a background check
An excellent benefits package, compensation, and a pension plan awaits qualified individuals.
Service Areas Include: Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey