Circuit Breaker Technician
Potomac Testing, Inc., a NETA Accredited Company, is currently seeking a Circuit Breaker Technician with a minimum of 2 years of experience. The primary function of the Circuit Breaker Technician is to troubleshoot and repair as well as refurbish and upgrade low and medium voltage Air and Vacuum type circuit breakers in our PEARL Certified shop. Position requires minimal supervision, therefore individual must be capable of self- managing assigned projects.
- Work on low and medium voltage circuit breakers, including GE, Westinghouse, ITE/ABB, Siemens, Square D , Cutler Hammer, Allis Chalmers, etc.
- Technician must be able to troubleshoot and repair low and medium voltage air circuit breakers, as well as refurbish and upgrade breakers as required.
- Technician must disassemble breakers to their smallest components and perform inspection for wear and damage.
- Technician must be able to strip and paint, or buff and polish all components to “ like new” condition.
- Technician must reassemble all breaker component parts, along with any required wiring and upgrades kits.
- Technician must perform the final step of testing each breaker to NETA standards utilizing the appropriate test equipment.
- Requires a High School Diploma; prefer training from trade school, apprenticeship or armed services related experience.
- Must possess good mechanical skills and understand fundamental electrical testing procedures.
- Ability to evaluate the operating condition of equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate safe and solid troubleshooting skills using both basic and advanced test equipment, schematics and wiring diagrams.
An excellent benefits package, compensation, and a pension plan awaits qualified individuals.
Service Areas Include: Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey
Potomac Testing Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.