Electrical Field Engineer
Potomac Testing is seeking a highly qualified Electrical Field Engineer with a minimum of 5 years experience. The primary function of an Electrical Field Engineer is to provide field service and technical assistance to customers in the areas of startup, maintenance, and repair on power transmission, distribution and generation systems. Position requires limited supervision, therefore individual must be capable of self-managing assigned projects.
- Perform acceptance and maintenance testing on low and medium voltage switchgear, low and medium voltage circuit breakers, instrument transformers, protective relays, automatic transfer switches, motor control centers, dry type and liquid filled transformers, ground systems, etc. All testing is performed per NETA standards.
- Ability to operate various testing tools and equipment including megger, digital multimeter, Hipot tester, multiamps relay tester, GFI, TTR, primary and secondary injection set, etc.
- Document services by maintaining records and writing technical reports detailing field work performed
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code and various industry standards, such as NETA, OSHA, NFPA 70E, and IEEE
- Minimum educational experience:
- BSEE or BSME Graduate Engineer and no experience, or
- Graduate of electrical technical school and 3 years minimum of similar type work experience, or
- High school diploma and 4 years minimum of same type work experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to adjust to changing field conditions
- Ability to read and interpret electrical control schematics and diagrams
- Theoretical understanding of electrical power systems and a good aptitude for problem identification and evaluation
- Fundamental understanding of electrical and mechanical testing procedures
- Familiarity with electrical test equipment and fundamentals
- Experience in performing extensive testing, problem identification, and troubleshooting
- Experience with inspecting and servicing transformers, switchgear, and relays
- Strong background in troubleshooting and performing start-up service
- The ability to evaluate the operating condition of equipment
- Strong customer focus
- Computer literacy and the ability to generate detailed reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Candidate must be able to pass drug testing and a background check
An excellent benefits package, compensation, and a pension plan awaits experienced individuals.
Service Areas Include
- New Jersey
Qualified candidates are asked to email their resume and earliest start date to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Potomac Testing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.