Field Service – Electrical Test Technician Trainee
Potomac Testing, a NETA Accredited Company, is seeking Field Service – Electrical Test Technician Trainees. The primary function of a Test Technician Trainee is to provide field service and technical assistance to customers in the areas of startup, maintenance, and repair on power transmission, distribution and generation systems. In collaboration with senior, NETA certified Field Service Electrical Test Technicians, Trainee must be a team player committed to methodically learning this complex and mentally demanding trade.
- Perform acceptance and maintenance testing on low and medium voltage switchgear, low and medium voltage circuit breakers, instrument transformers, protective relays, automatic transfer switches, motor control centers, dry type and liquid filled transformers, ground systems, etc. All testing is performed per NETA standards.
- Ability to operate various testing tools and equipment including megger, digital multimeter, Hipot tester, multiamps relay tester, GFI, TTR, primary and secondary injection set, etc.
- Document services by maintaining records and writing technical reports detailing field work performed .
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code and various industry standards, such as NETA, OSHA, NFPA 70E, and IEEE.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to adjust to changing field conditions
- Ability to read and interpret electrical control schematics and diagrams
- Theoretical understanding of electrical power systems and a good aptitude for problem identification and evaluation
- Fundamental understanding of electrical and mechanical testing procedures
- Familiarity with electrical test equipment and fundamentals
- Experience in performing testing, problem identification, and troubleshooting
- Experience with inspecting and servicing transformers, switchgear, and relays
- Strong background in troubleshooting and performing start-up service
- The ability to evaluate the operating condition of equipment
- Strong customer focus
- Computer literacy and the ability to generate detailed reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Candidate must be able to pass drug testing and a background check
An excellent benefits package, compensation, and a pension plan awaits qualified individuals.
Service Areas Include
- New Jersey
Qualified candidates are asked to email their resume and earliest start date to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Potomac Testing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.